Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Spoiler Alert

Nerdcore and I have a sordid relationship. I have listened to the song "Prince of the City" more times than I care to count. Its portrayal of WOD games is phenomenal "I got a meeting, down under the docks. The gangrel clan just picked a new boss. I got to make sure that they show me respect, or I'll kick them out which I'll come to regret." Just pops over a fat beat. But normally I find their rhymes archaic and subject matter surface level. To me, true nerdcore must pack obscure references into a heady subject matter on par with an entry-level Eminem at the very least to be worthwhile. And I dig this song.

Also, the music video is some sort of Japanese acid trip where bears with jetpacks fight all sorts of things. I don't understand it, and I don't want to.

No comments: